So we all had a snow day yesterday ... everyone was home. (The big bad storm only amounted to about 3 or 4 inches, even though it seemed like it snowed all day. Whew!) The Mr. worked from home and the kids had a day off from school. I've learned a long time ago that having everyone home in the house does not lend itself to a productive day in my studio. I just can't seem to get the time to concentrate long enough on new projects because someone is always in need of something. So, after putting in just a few hours doing only the necessary ... I decided to take apart my studio. I thought at least I would be accomplishing something, and it wouldn't be a big deal if I had to stop and restart a million different times. I started removing things from shelves and drawers and making huge piles all over the place in an attempt to clean and reorganize my studio. Now, I know when I started there was a master plan in my head ... but amidst making meals for the kids, refereeing moments of sibling rivalry and keeping the kids entertained for the day ... somehow that master plan sort of dissolved along the way. Here's some photos of how bad and totally unorganized things looked only 1/3 of the way into this project.
I finished another 1/3 of the reorg today. And hope to get the rest done tomorrow. Hopefully the next time you check in, I'll have photos posted of a neat, and tidier new studio. :)