Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

morning books

We don't turn on the TV much here...never have. Don't get me wrong, K & E love their bits and pieces of TV viewing. But this fall, Mark & I vowed not to be faithful followers of any prime time television programs. Mark says "watching TV leaves him empty." And I know what he means ... so we prefer to spend the latest hour or two of our evenings with a good book. I think it's starting to rub off on K & E. Here's how I found them, when I came down for my morning coffee....


While growing up, Mom always, always had her head in a book and I always admired that. So that's what we are up to ... even if it's just a few pages at a time.

I just finished Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Mark picked it up while on a trip to India and since then it has been passed around to many in our family and loved by all. And now I'm on the hunt for something new ...

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...