Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family Afternoon


Now that I work full time during the week (after so many years of being the stay at home mom) I really cherish and look forward to the weekend. When I first started Pretty in Posies, I worked way too many hours and I missed too much. I can't tell you how many weekends my husband and kids went out on the weekends, leaving me at home in my studio.

It's been a long while since I've worked the weekend away ... and I hope I never go back to it! :)

After felting we headed out to Emma's soccer game. Knowing it was going to rain at any moment we brought along our ice skates and headed for a local ice rink. The kids have been taking ice skating lessons each winter for awhile now, but I can't tell you the last time I put on a pair of ice skates.

The four of us had fun though. I stayed slow and steady and Keegan kept close watch on me. (he's our little worrier!) It was cute that he was worried about Mom.

Most of my photos came out a little blury, probably because I myself was on skates and trying to balance. But here's one photo of Emma ... she didn't take a single break the whole hour and 45 minutes of the public session. (except for when the Zamboni came out to clean the ice). Keegan wanted to take a few breaks and I was happy for the chance to rest my legs and ankles.

Can't wait to go again!

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...