Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's for Dinner Weekly ... my menu planner

When the kids went back to school on Sept 5th, I decided to finally, whole-heartedly pour myself into a commitment to eat better and lose some of the weight that has been sneaking on over the last three years. I've talked myself through this so many times recently and have failed, but this time ... it felt different. I felt like a little switch had turned on. I felt like I could conquer. I read through the Eat Clean Diet book,  made notes on the basic principles, and organized my favorite recipes. Then I went shopping. And as I pushed that cart around the grocery market with all the lovely veggies, fruits, whole foods and organic goodness ... I knew I was not looking back. For the first time in my life I started drinking black coffee (half -n - half is a no-no). I haven't touched a sweet treat (I do allow myself a very small bit of dark bittersweet chocolate about once or twice a week). I've removed sugar from my diet almost completely (I'm not perfect ... I don't cook with it or add it to any of my home cooked recipes, but it is in a few of the items I buy.) A big part of my success is staying on top of my weekly menu. I prepare the week's meals and a shopping list ahead of time. This way I always have something healthy to make and do not resort to take-out or last minute whims. I can take pretty much any recipe and tweak it to fit the Eat Clean principles as closely as possible. The family is loving the attention to meal time and the new recipes. In case you struggle with What's for Dinner, I decided to put together this week's menu with links to the websites' that have posted these yummy recipes. Please know that I am not claiming these to be Clean Eating recipes. You will have do your own research on the principles of this way of eating and tweak as necessary. I'm just hoping you might find a new recipe to add to your meal rotation every now and then. Bon Appetit!




Sunday: Soba Noodles | Simply Reem
simplyreem.com

Monday: Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Sauce | Ezra Pound Cake
ezrapoundcake.com


Tuesday: Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Veggies & Whole Grain Noodles
(just a recipe I have in my arsenal)

Wednesday: Lentil Soup with Chickpeas and Quinoa | Souvlaki for the Soul (and Caprese Paninis)
souvlakiforthesoul.com

Thursday: Leftovers
(it's a fact of life)

Friday: Mushroom Stroganoff | Skinny Taste
skinnytaste.com

Saturday: Crockpot Chicken Tacos | Chocolate Therapy
mychocolatetherapy.com





1 comment:

Erin Bradley said...

These all look delicious!! Yum!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...