Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Memory Keeping Monday

I have two layouts to share on this Memory Keeping Monday ...

The first layout is a bit of a blast from the past ... an older photo of my kiddos when they were wee little ones, sharing a hug while the sun set upon the ocean of Carmel CA. My daughter had on a swimsuit with purples, pinks and blues and my son's suit was Spiderman blue and red. The colors of the photo did not match this pretty XOXO collection by American Crafts, so I turned the photo B&W. But I knew I wanted to keep a bit of that lovely sunny glow ... so you see that peeking out from behind the shrubs, giving the photo & LO warmth and zones in on the notion of love portrayed by the sweet hug they are sharing. I love the unexpected watercolor elements mixed in with this kit. Caught my eye right away!


credits:
 American Crafts:
Anna Aspnes: Love Glows1, ArtPlay Palette Infatuated & Painted Hearts 3


This next scrapbook page, features Pebbles's With Love collection. Love and Valentine's Day kits can be used for so much more than the traditional "love" layouts. Even red and pink kits can be incorporated for use with boys or men's pages. Here, my son is helping me make homemade mac-n-cheese. His interest in cooking and food preparation continues to grow each year.  While he "loves" helping out in the kitchen, I "love" the fact that someday, when he is out on his own, he will be able to cook himself something more than pasta and jarred tomato sauce. This kit has so many charming elements ... I really love the "cut-out" tags.



credits:
Pebbles:
American Crafts:
Designer Digitals: Studio DD Template 178

Thanks for looking! xoxo - jenn

1 comment:

Becky Cavender said...

Super cute, Jen! What lovely memories you have of your children. :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...